This black bean salad with corn is great on its own, over some fresh greens, or wrapped in a sprouted grain tortilla. It uses Mexican flavors for a spicy healthy vegan recipe kick, and fresh vegetables for a light and refreshing salad.
Black Bean Salad with Corn Recipe
Makes enough for 4 healthy vegan salads
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (cooked measure)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 lime (or 2), zested and juiced
- 1/2 Tbsp olive or flax oil (optional)
- 1 tsp oregano, fresh or dried
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch salt
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped, or a handful of chives
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced (optional)
- Put the beans and corn in a bowl, along with the lime zest and juice, spices, and a pinch of salt. Leave this to marinate for at least 10 minutes, or up to 2 hours. The longer you leave it, the more the flavors will infuse into the beans.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and serve.