Sally paired some yummy Mexican spices with rice and veggies for an easy and delicious bowl of healthiness ~H
Hi Heather – it could be prettier but it’s still tasty!
By the way, my husband and I tried the sweet potato stew recipe and it was awesome, so thank you for that!
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 tsp Mexican spice mix (Herbie’s Spices: paprika, cumin, sea salt, smoked paprika, coriander seed, amchur, chilli, cinnamon, coriander leaf, oregano)
- 1/2 can organic cannellini beans, drained
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 1 tomato, diced
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely snipped
- handful toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 heaped tbsp black chia seeds
(hope I didn’t forget anything!)
I cooked the rice in water with the spice mix until cooked then threw everything else in and mixed well.